People come to Calgary Counselling Centre for many reasons. They’re worried about their own well-being, or the well-being of someone they love. No matter what the issue is, our counsellors are experts in guiding individuals, couples, families and youth through their concerns.
|Addictions||Anger||Anxiety & Panic||Separation/Divorce|
|Attention Deficit Disorder||Bereavement/Grief||Bullying||Sexual Abuse|
|Child Behaviour Problems||Couple/Marital Relations||Depression||Sexuality/Intimacy|
|Domestic Abuse||Eating Disorders||Elder Abuse||Stress|
|Family of Origin Issues||Family Relations||Gender Issues||Trauma|
|Health Issues||Job loss/Termination||Parent-Child Conflict||Victim of Crime|
|Parenting||Pastoral Counselling||Personal Growth||Violence in Intimate Relationships|
|Physical & Sexual Abuse of Children||Relationship Problems||Self-Esteem||Workplace Conflict|
Five things you need to know about Calgary Counselling Centre
- The process begins with the Call Centre: where you can call or go online to complete your counselling form. You can also call the Call Centre: 403.691.5991 Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. OR download a printable form to access counselling (PDF) and fax it to 403.265.8886.
- There is no waitlist at the Calgary Counselling Centre. Upon completion of your counselling form you will receive a call to set up an appointment within three to five business days. Day, evening and Saturday appointments are available.
- Counselling fees are determined on a sliding fee scale, according to annual family income and ability to pay. There are no financial barriers to counselling services provided by the Centre.
- All counselling begins with a one-one-one session. Your counsellor will work with you to determine when and if it is appropriate for you to become part of a group counselling in your specific area.
- We base all our counselling on a Feedback Informed Treatment model. Feedback Informed Treatment means, you will be asked to assess your emotional state of being at the beginning of every session and to measure your satisfaction level with your counselling relationship. Research has proven that Feedback Informed Treatment is the most effective and beneficial method of getting the results you want.
We empower you to create lasting change in your life by engaging you in the counselling process in measurable ways that work best for you. Read more…
Individuals and Couples
When you come to Calgary Counselling Centre, you may not know what’s wrong. Often, people come because they know something’s not right with how they’re feeling. They feel sad, angry, lost, hopeless, defeated. They’re experiencing nightmares, flashbacks, panic attacks. They are having trouble with their relationships, at work, at home, socially. Read more…
Parents and Families
Like their parents, children experience a full range of human emotions, happiness, sadness, joy, grief, anxiety, depression and more. Like their parents, children are affected by what is happening in their environment: parent’s fighting, separation and/or divorce, loss of a family member, bullying, addictions, school stress, coming out, relationship abuse, dating violence and more. Read more…
We hear you. We know it’s hard being a teen. We know you often feel misunderstood or alone.
We are here to be an ear. A guide. A sounding board.
We’re not going to tell you what to do. That’s not our job. But we will give you advice if you ask. And no matter what, we will always care about you.
We will always be a welcoming place where you can be yourself, exactly the way you are. Read more…