People come to Calgary Counselling Centre for many reasons. They’re worried about their own well-being, or the well-being of someone they love. No matter what the issue is, our counsellors are experts in guiding individuals, couples, families and youth through their concerns.
|Addictions||Anger||Anxiety & Panic||Separation/Divorce|
|Attention Deficient Disorder||Bereavement/Grief||Bullying||Sexual Abuse|
|Child Behaviour Problems||Couple/Marital Relations||Depression||Sexuality/Intimacy|
|Domestic Abuse||Eating Disorders||Elder Abuse||Stress|
|Family of Origin Issues||Family Relations||Gender Issues||Trauma|
|Health Issues||Job loss/Termination||Parent-Child Conflict||Victim of Crime|
|Parenting||Pastoral Counselling||Personal Growth||Violence in Intimate Relationships|
|Physical & Sexual Abuse of Children||Relationship Problems||Self-Esteem||Workplace Conflict|
Five things you need to know about Calgary Counselling Centre
- The process begins with the NEXEN Call Centre: where you can call or go online to complete your counselling form. You can also call the Nexen Call Centre: 403.691.5991 Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. OR download a printable form to access counselling (PDF) and fax it to 403.265.8886.
- There is no waitlist at the Calgary Counselling Centre. Upon completion of your counselling form you will receive a call to set up an appointment within three to five business days. Day, evening and weekend appointments are available.
- Counselling fees are determined on a sliding fee scale, according to annual family income and ability to pay. There are no financial barriers to counselling services provided by the Centre.
- All counselling begins with a one-on-one session. Your counsellor will work with you to determine when and if it is appropriate for you to become part of a group counselling in your specific area.
- We base all our counselling on a Feedback Informed Treatment model. Feedback Informed Treatment means, you will be asked to assess your emotional state of being at the beginning of every session and to measure your satisfaction level with your counselling relationship. Research has proven that Feedback Informed Treatment is the most effective and beneficial method of getting the results you want.